Friday 20 February 2009

Sunset

I was working away on my crocheted slippers and looked up to see this. Isn't it lovely? I spent the next half hour taking lots of photos watching the sun set and realising it is really hard to capture the actual intensity of the colours.


I managed to get some lovely colour palettes for dyeing and felting by blurring the colour sections. They look like smudged pastels! It's also making my fingers itch for some dyed fleece to felt with.....

But it was very wierd to look back at all the pictures and see these more subtle, wispy blue and yellow tones at the beginning. There's only a hint of the orangey reds here before the full blown fiery reds and oranges later on.

Maybe some amber/cinnamon dyed yarn mixes? Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for stopping by. Do stay a while and visit. Please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you and be inspired by all your blogs out there too:-) elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails