Wednesday 29 June 2011

Ongoing circles....


Just a quick progress check for you to see what I've been up to the last few days. The last time these crocheted circles made an appearance was away back at the end of february. Seems such a long time ago now. But I've been working on them on and off, crocheting and stitching away slowly, building up ideas and enough circles to make something with. This piece is more of an experiment - with a different type of wire (fail), with the length of dyed repeats (...maybe), and using families of regular circles to create the overall look. Mixed results so far.


It's not been in a hurry to emerge this one, just quietly ambling alongside all the other projects that have quickly come and gone. This month though, it has suddenly looked as if it is 'progressing' which gave me a spur to get working on it again! It's beginning to take on a 3D form and I've been taking newer photos today, playing with the form, light and shadows again so we'll be able to see them soon.


But for now, you can see the work in progress - my messy table! It's still not finished, still morphing and giving me new surface and 3D ideas which I'll have to get down on paper before I forget them:) - I think  more time has gone into my ideas sketchbook than on the final piece so far:)) To help maintain its 3D shape it will need a bit more height and since all these circles in the photo are now used up, it could well be time to get back to creating wire circles and plan a little more crochet.

I'm also getting the urge to dye more yarns to use for these forms so lots planned for you to see soon :)

9 comments:

  1. Looking good.....l'm a real fan of your bowls and vessels
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your circles are great! I like them very much!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful images - especially the circles draped over the blue form. I imagine these would be interesting draped over a lampshade...? Really lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so exciting - especially the 3D on the blue. Can't wait to see it grow.
    blogger won't take my comment
    lucette
    visualisepeace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your kind and supportive comments:)I'll keep you posted as to how it grows! elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Çok güzel bir tasarım tebrikler arkadaşım..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amiga, dá para fazer esses arquinhos em croche com o elo que vem em garrafa pet, frascos de remédio, vidrinhos de tinta de tecido ou de artesanato,é só tirar uns dentinhos que ficam por dentro do elo, que faz com ele trave na garrafa e ir encapando com croche, fiz uma pala de vestido, colares, muito bom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally I wanted the flexibility of wire to make any sized circle I wanted at the time to fit the working space but after making this I'd prefer working with closed forms so using the different sized circles from the tops of plastic bottles is genius! I'll have to start collecting!! Thank you:)

      Delete
  8. Stunning work! You inspire me to experiment more with wrapped wires.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for stopping by. Do stay a while and visit. Please do leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you and be inspired by all your blogs out there too:-) elaine xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails